Sully

Stellar Warrior Guyver

82 posts in this topic

Okay! I confess, there were times when I thought this day would never come, but there is good news on the horizon for those who are interested in Gabe.

"Inception" (that's what I'm still calling the story at the moment, at least) is pretty much done, which means everyone will soon get to see the finished product. I'm putting the final finishing touches on it now (literally), and once that's done, I'll send it to Sully so he can add it onto the site whenever he has a chance.

I've also been working on a first draft for the data file for the Stellar WG, tinkering with some ideas. Those, though, I'm planning to run by Sully first, to get an idea of just what sort of plans he has for the Stellar Unit.

Speaking of which, Sully: what's the best way to send it to you? I have it saved as an MS Word document, and have also been using OpenOffice (which is MS Word-compatible, thankfully).

If you save it as a .DOC file I've MS Office 2013 so that won't be a problem for me. Just email it to the usual email address and I'll take care of it for you.

Okay, just to let everyone know -- I sent Inception to Sully yesterday via email (hopefully everything is all good on the .DOC formatting front with it). So the next time Sully updates the website, hopefully it will be there.

After much delay thanks to a combination of the office idiot, non-stop computer issues and employment problems that were followed by more employment problems and then not enough hours in the day, I present a preview of the first new draft of Dorian Mordens character story.

This little snippet is to give anyone still interested an idea of Dorians overall attitude towards and relationship with the ACTF. Hope you enjoy.

ACTF Washington HQ

Holding a slim folder and several pieces of paper to his chest Dorian opens the door to General Carters office and enters closing it behind him he gracefully moves toward the Generals large and heavy looking desk several feet away, "What do you want old man" his voice barley deep enough to be recognised as male, calm yet full of mild contempt his face though betrays no other emotion.

"How many times do you have to be told to address your superiors with respect Mr Morden?" General Carters assistant Lt Jacobs almost yells.

" My "superior?"" Dorian motions with his head to the General "that Isn't my superior". Looking towards General Carter "No one likes a yappy pet "General" shut it up". Now angry Lt Jacobs quickly moves toward his offender, at 6.1 and heavily built Lincoln Jacobs easily dwarfs the 5.8 and very slim and lithe Dorian, who cuts him off just as he is about to start shouting.

"I'm sure your boyfriend would like to know youv'e been flirting with one of the guys in Science Division", handing him two sheets of stapled paper Jacobs quikcly goes from angry to confused then terrified, "I also sent copies of those to his internal e-mail so I'd start running if I were you", looking at General Carter with a mortified expression for permission to save his relationship the General shakes his head but agrees "Get back here as soon as your done!". The Lt nearly runs from Carters office barley remembering to shut the door as he leaves.

"What was that!?" Carter asks Dorian as he suppresses a little smirk at the side of his mouth, "Keep your pets quiet or it'll be done for you, now like I said what do you want?". "I don't appreciate being spoken to in that tone Mr Morden especially since the ACTF is protecting your brother and sister while you work with us", the General says now clearly becoming annoyed at Dorians attitude.

"And I don't appreciate having to breath the same air as something like you, though we'er all having to make sacrifices these days", as before Dorians voice is calm but scornful in tone and his face remains almost devoid of expression save for a smug little grin that vanishes as soon as it appears.

General Carter grits his teeth and forces himself not to reply, he won't be dragged into yet another half-hour round of insults and shouting with the smug little bastard standing on the other side of his desk. Breathing deeply the General begins "I asked to see you for two things, one", Carter takes one of the large folders on his desk and places it in front of Dorian, "that contains an early draft of a new offensive we are planning in the south, I want you to go over it and start looking for problems and make any changes you think are needed. Secondly and possibly more importantly".

The General places another much slimmer folder in front of Dorian who opens it revealing three sheets of paper with photos of people he easily recognises attached to them. "We suspect these three, Gary Wilson, Nathen Smith and Daniel Jackobs to be traitors or Chronos infiltrators", "they've all been seen entering or leaving areas their not autherised to be in and leaving small packages that Mr Jackobs collects".

Dorian up looks at General Carter "Please tell me you haven't done something stupid like locking all three up?" "What?" Carter asks confused.

Dorian sighs "Jackobs is the spy I've known about him for weeks, and Wilson and Smith were in those areas with my permission, I've had them feeding Jackobs fake and old intel to see how highly placed he is, so far he seems pretty low down the ladder."

The General looks stunned for a moment but regains his composure and grits his teeth again "And when did you plan to inform me of this Mr Morden!?"

"When I was ready which I'm still not" Dorian takes the large folder with the draft plans inside and adds it to the now heavy pile he holds to his chest then turns and starts walking toward the door openning it just as General Carter shouts to him "I don't remember dismissing you Mr Morden!!".

"No but I'm done with you" Dorian slams the door behind him Leaving a fuming General Carter within.

pinning this topic so it doesn't get lost.

Life... sucks. <_<

Seriously, I've been so overwhelmed by work and RL in general, and I find myself more often than not trying to relieve stress through gaming:  Halo Wars 2, finally got into the first Mass Effect after purchasing the Trilogy, and I've pre-ordered ME: Andromeda and Prey.  That said, I'm making a concerted effort to get back into writing.  I have only a few minor additions to make for Preparations: Part II (I found that I liked having the occasional diary entry in there, like I added to Part I, so I'm continuing with that) and then it'll be submitted, hopefully within the next few days.  Then, it's on to Part III where I buckle down and blow up this wall that has been writer's block for me.

So, tl;dr version -- I hope to have Part II ready and submitted to Sully by the end of next week at the absolute latest, so that I can give folks some new material to read.

So, I had a draft completed for Preparations (Part II), but I didn't like some of how I wrote it, so I fixed some issues there and am going to submit it post-haste -- I like it more now than I did most of three months ago.  Part III is now underway (actually, it's been underway for a very long time), but I'm revamping the beginning and otherwise starting from scratch to get out of the writer's block that plagued me halfway through Part III to begin with.

Sully:  Which is better to send you my completed Part II for Preparations?  Email or PM through here?