Sign in to follow this  
Azaar

Proteus (Data File, Etc.)

Several years ago, when I was posting here regularly, I was working on my own fan-fic Guyver, named Proteus. Proteus was originally set up to be pushing the limits of an old discussion from the previous forum (which is still around in the Old Forum) -- namely, a discussion about whether Guyver units could evolve or whether the units would only manifest a remarkable ability to adapt. I never really got Proteus too settled in, but since I've been back, I've been reworking him. I think I like what I've come up with better.

The data file I have written up assumes that Proteus would be set in the WG universe, though if that proves to not be kosher, I can set it to be more a world of my own making. Fortunately, there should be no conflict with what Sully, Matt and the rest of the gang have written so far for the shared WG universe -- mostly because Proteus's story begins right about the end of Guyver 2: Dark Hero (which I'm assuming for the moment is June 2006), and then would basically jump forward about four years (which, if I recall rightly, should have Proteus showing up after 7 Days of Hell, because I'm assuming that with the update in the timeline, that 7DoH will take place somewhere between November 2010 and January 2011 -- that might need the confirmation from Sully, Matt or whoever else as to whether that would be accurate, since I know Time War has been retro'ed to be October 2010).

I'm working on the initial story that introduces Proteus, but at least I have the data file pretty much finished up now. I may post the data file here shortly, or in the next day or two, depending. It should be... interesting, to say the least.

Edited by Guest

Hmmmm, I just might still have that page printed somewhere in the binders I keep. I'll have to check on this, and then compare it to the new DF u post. Sounds like a plan to me. :mrgreen:

Okay -- without further ado... meet Proteus.

Subject: Experimental Nemesis Prototype Guyver Test Unit

Code Name: Proteus

Host Name: Gabriel Clark Henshaw

Original Unit Name: Vro’Lok Type Nemesis Test Unit G-7

Sex: Male

Hair: Black

Eyes: Blue

Height (Human): 6’2” (188 cm)

Height (Armored): 7’3” (220 cm)

Weight (Human): 195 lbs. (88 kg)

Weight (Armored): 902 lbs. (409 kg)

Current Status: Declared enemy of Chronos Corporation; currently freelance; sought by ACTF for potential recruitment

Host Description: The subject host originally worked with both Dr. Marcus Edwards and his daughter, Cori Edwards / Battle Guyver, in the study and analysis of findings pertaining to the Utah Relic. Subject host disappeared the same day the Utah Relic was sent back to the Uranus, due to having gone aboard the Relic in secret. Subject host was taken by designate Seraph upon the Gen’s acquisition of the Utah Relic, and studied by the Gen in an effort to better understand human psychology, as well as to ascertain humanity’s potential understanding of the scientific work of the Gen and the Uranus forerunners. Subject host was later kidnapped by the rogue Creator scientist Vro’Lok, believed to be the lead scientist of the Nemesis Project, and subsequently bonded with a modern-day Gen-created Guyver unit incorporating information gleaned primarily from both Solom’s Warrior Project, Krullnar’s Kavzar Project and the Assassin Project prototype currently under Chronos control, as well as analysis of other Guyver entities presently on Earth. Subject has only recently returned to Earth; while a declared enemy of Chronos Corporation, subject is currently operating in a freelance capacity.

Unit Description: The Proteus Unit is of uncertain origin, but is conjectured to be related to the six incarnations of the Nemesis Project, originally headed by the Creator scientist Vro’Lok. The Nemesis Project was intended to be a means by which the lost Supreme Unit could be replaced with a new and improved unit to begin testing of other Guyver unit design projects. However, the Nemesis Project’s development included a surreptitious attempt to promote sentience in their respective Unit, while maintaining the strict functional parameters of the control medal. With the study of the entity known as the Zygote Guyver, the Proteus Unit -- and by extension the Nemesis Project -- was deemed heresy by the Gen Council of Twelve. All research relating to the Nemesis Project was sealed away, but Vro’Lok mysteriously disappeared aboard a Gen science vessel. It is theorized that Vro’Lok secretly duplicated his work and built upon it to create the seventh and final incarnation, before kidnapping and bonding the Proteus Unit to the current subject host. It is also believed that Vro’Lok is secretly observing his creation; all Kavzar servants have been ordered to observe the subject and discern the truth concerning this new unit.

============================================================================

Present estimates of this Guyver type abilities have been compiled and summarized below:

Physical Strength: Subject is three times stronger than a standard Guyver unit, equaling the strength of approximately 300 men. Subject’s unit also incorporates a Hyper Space Link (HSL) system, granting the subject both unlimited stamina and unlimited energy reserves. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond this baseline benchmark (see Mimicry entry below)

Speed: Subject can attain a running speed of 0-450 mph (0-724 kmh), with a top speed of ~600 mph (~966 kmh). In flight, subject can attain velocities from 0-770 mph (0-1,239 kmh), with a top speed of ~3,750 mph (~6,035 kmh). Subject’s reflex speed can range from 40-160 times normal human peak. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Durability: Subject’s baseline durability is equal to twice that of a standard Guyver unit, with the ability to adapt to attacks such as Enzyme acid. The integration of the HSL system into the functionality of the subject’s control medal allows for the ability to teleport itself into hyperspace for regeneration of both unit and host. Subject’s regeneration rate is equal to ten times standard Guyver unit regeneration. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Infrared Laser Orb: Subject’s baseline power output is rated at eight times the output of a standard Guyver unit, although subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Gravity Control Orb: Subject can generate one-handed Pressure Cannon attacks with the same power output as a standard Guyver unit’s double-handed Pressure Cannon attack (approximately three times the standard unit’s rating). Subject can also levitate and fly using the gravity control orb by manipulating gravity relative to itself, with flight velocities as per the Speed entry above. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Mega Smashers: Subject’s baseline Mega Smashers can generate a blast equal to that of the Gigantic Guyver’s Hyper Smasher attack, but can fire in half the time and maintain the energy output for ten seconds. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Weapons Module: Unlike the polymorphic high-frequency vibration swords of the Warrior Project, subject instead manifests a matrix energy emitter on each forearm, like that of the Enforcer Kavzar. This allows the subject to, at will, manifest any energy-based weapon desired -- from plasma-based energy swords capable of overwhelming even a Warrior Unit’s polymorphic high-frequency vibration swords, to highly-focused energy blasts of varying types and effects. Subject can even create small quantities of matter that can then be fired like a rail gun at near-superluminal velocities. Subject host has demonstrated the ability to access the matrix energy emitter while in human form.

Sonic Busters: Subject’s sonic emitters have shown greater versatility and power compared to a standard Guyver unit. Baseline attack radius can range from 15-160 degrees forward arc, and can vary in intensity from a low-level hum to three times the power output of a standard Guyver unit. However, subject displays variations that can augment power levels beyond these baseline benchmarks (see Mimicry entry below for further details).

Hyper Sensors: Subject’s hyper sensors are highly advanced, nearly equal to that of the Matrix-enhanced Warrior Guyver. Hyper sensor range is rated at five miles (approximately eight kilometers). Hyper-sensory enhancements include telepathic (as a further means of distinguishing between friend and foe in the event of host incapacitation, although the host can access this as well), electromagnetic (allowing the subject to sense through barriers, eavesdrop on communications, as well as remotely access computer systems for information-gathering purposes), and genetic (able to scan DNA), as well as an increase in host’s perceptions and awareness. Subject’s hyper sensors also incorporate specialized sensory enhancements that allow subject to scan Guyver unit/Grakken unit control medals, Zoalord zoacrystals and Kavzar control crystals to ascertain their power level, abilities and weaknesses in order to match those readings (see Mimicry entry below for further details); certain units such as the Matrix-enhanced Warrior Guyver and the W’Kar Unit are immune to this aspect of the subject’s hyper-sensory capabilities. Subject host has also demonstrated the ability to utilize the hyper sensors while in human form.

Control Medal: Subject’s control medal is a radical departure from the Warrior Project Unit. Rather than the standard unit’s spherical format or the Warrior Project’s pyramid format, subject’s control medal is instead an octagonal format utilizing eight partial C-medals to work in tandem as a parallel processor to more efficiently regulate the various systems and functions of the unit, as well as boost computational ability of both the host and unit. The DNA sequence and memories of the host are stored within the control medal in the same manner as the Warrior Project, so that the unit can still recognize friend from foe based on the memories of the host in the event of host incapacitation. On top of its normal functioning parameters, the control medal also functions as a neural net processor modeled on the concept of a hypercube (a cube of more than three dimensions) to maximize the subject unit’s computational efficiency. The net result allows the control medal to adapt and learn from previous experiences, effectively granting it the ability to become self-aware, yet still remain under the constraints of the control medal programming. In effect, the sentient nature of the subject unit will act as an artificial intelligence that assists the host in utilizing the unit to greatest effect. Subject’s control medal also stores information in regards to enhanced hyper sensor scans of opponents for purposes of mimicry (detailed further in the Mimicry entry below).

Mimicry: Subject possesses the ability to mimic the skills, abilities, power levels and weaknesses of his opponents. Through the use of the hyper sensors, the subject can scan down to the molecular-genetic level of an opponent, as well as gather detailed information pertaining to the function and abilities of opposing Guyver units / Grakken units, Zoalord zoacrystals and Kavzar control crystals. Once scanned, the subject can either emulate powers and abilities to take advantage of opponent’s weaknesses (if any can be reasonably exploited), or increase subject power levels to match those of the opponent. Certain units are immune to this ability, namely the Matrix-enhanced Warrior Guyver and the W’Kar Unit -- the reasons behind this apparent immunity to subject’s mimicry have not yet been fully explored at this time. Subject host has demonstrated the ability to mimic trained skills via analysis from the hyper sensors in human form, but activation of the unit is a prerequisite to most efficiently utilize all of the various aspects of the subject’s mimicry abilities. Current projections indicate that the mimicry function may extend into the regenerative process, allowing the unit to effectively upgrade by adapting to whatever means was used to kill it and develop a means to counter the effect, if not provide complete immunity from the effect.

Other Phenomena: Subject host possesses an eidetic memory, courtesy of the control medal’s additional function as a neural net processor in conjunction with the subject’s hyper sensors and mimicry abilities. Subject also possesses an uncanny perception and awareness of his environment, a result of enhancements to the subject’s hyper sensory abilities that allow the subject to utilize the hyper sensors without activating the unit. Subject can turn invisible or blend into his environment like a chameleon. Subject is capable of communicating telepathically with both Guyver and non-Guyver beings, as well as comprehend languages if different than subject’s own knowledge of languages. Subject unit has demonstrated the ability to enter hyperspace without deactivating and taking the host with it, either for teleportation (range currently unknown, but believed to be on par with that of a standard Warrior Guyver unit, allowing for instantaneous intra-system transport) or to regenerate from a battle, even if the unit appears to have been vaporized.

No other conclusions of this subject’s abilities can be confirmed until further data is gathered.

:) Very impressive, Azaar. Hopefully, we may see a story or two out of you and your fella there. 8-):mrgreen:

I think I might just bookmark this topic for later review. ;)

Inception (not to be confused with Christopher Nolan's movie of the same name) is slowly but surely proceeding apace. I actually started right about the end of Guyver 2: Dark Hero (and even quoted some of the dialogue, though I do have it disclaimered and giving them due credit). Inception is actually going to wind up being pretty lengthy, I suspect -- I'm covering June 2006 (like I said in my original post, I'm assuming a ten-year update to the timeline) at the moment, and about to have Seraph pick up the Utah Relic before it can leave the system (with Gabe aboard and unconscious). Ultimately, I'm planning to wrap up in early 2011, when Gabe will return to Earth and reveal himself to Cori.

Like I said before, I'm also assuming "Inception" to be related to the WG universe at the moment (though depending on whether there's enough expressed interest or not, I could always rewrite the story so that it could be in a "what if" scenario), so that revelation to Cori won't be until after the events in 7 Days of Hell. The main thing I'm working towards, in that regard, is to not potentially mess up what Brian, Matt and company are doing with the shared universe fanfic and the ongoing rewrites, so there's not going to be any sign of Gabe/Proteus that might screw up what happens there.

Are his mimicry abilities temporary or permanent? Also how does he power himself and maintain that level if for example he mimics Zeus or Kron?

On a side note, I had a similar idea but i wasn't as creative with the name: Adaptive Guyver. Basically he starts off as no more than a very slightly enhanced standard Guyver, but had a unique control medal. Basically had a replicator and a limited AI and scanning ability. Allowed the control medal to collect info on various enemies the Guyver faced. Each stage of his evolution, his replication system made a new thin ring to his control medal along with modifying it.

Are his mimicry abilities temporary or permanent? Also how does he power himself and maintain that level if for example he mimics Zeus or Kron?

On a side note, I had a similar idea but i wasn't as creative with the name: Adaptive Guyver. Basically he starts off as no more than a very slightly enhanced standard Guyver, but had a unique control medal. Basically had a replicator and a limited AI and scanning ability. Allowed the control medal to collect info on various enemies the Guyver faced. Each stage of his evolution, his replication system made a new thin ring to his control medal along with modifying it.

The plan right now is, for the most part, to be temporary in scope. It's not something where Proteus would be fighting WG Vamore, for instance, and maintain those boosts indefinitely. The HSL should provide enough power, at least in regards to non-Gigantics, to keep up in the short-term. With Gigantics like Dreadnought, Zeus, etc., I'm actually undecided if I'll try to eventually do a Gigantic upgrade to the Proteus Unit itself -- if I did, then Proteus would be better able to mimic and oppose other Gigantics. In the case of becoming a Gigantic, he would be named Nemesis -- originally, there was a plan in the works for the Nemesis Gigantic upgrade when I developed the concept back several years ago and was posting here in... 2003-2004 mostly, I think it was; then, Proteus would have been more permanent, but it would have required some sort of genetic assimilation of the opposing Unit to fully analyze and break down what made certain functions possible, and then add them as additional options to customize Proteus for what he would be facing).

The only way I plan for it to be potentially permanent is in the event of Proteus being "killed"; in such an instance, during the regeneration process, the Unit would adapt itself in such a manner to counter what led to the death of the host and the forced teleportation of the CM into hyperspace for regeneration. In essence, the Unit would be slowly upgrading itself over time. I don't want to call it evolution by any means, because ultimately the base organism isn't evolving. Calling what Proteus (and Nemesis, if he were to come into play) can do would probably be best described as a reactive adaptation, since it can refer back to what other Guyvers/Grakkens/Kavzar/Zoalords did to kill it, and upgrade itself to counter it.

(( That, actually, would make for an interesting alternative -- if Proteus wound up mixing it up with Gigantics enough, one wonders if perhaps the Unit's response in regeneration might finally be to develop its own Gigantic upgrade. Maybe with a thorough-enough scanning of the Giant Aceaer Unit, that might prove to be a possibility. But I digress. ))

The reason I'm going with eight partial CMs to comprise the Proteus Unit control medal is a result of the above. I've understood that the Warrior Project requires the 4 partial CMs that comprise it to effectively govern the increased power of the Warrior Units -- with Proteus, I suspect that more partial CMs would be an absolute necessary to efficiently govern the Unit functions, partially because of the mimicry and advanced hyper sensors, and partially because of the sentient AI that will develop. My theory is that Lian'Ka, when making the Zygote Unit, didn't have enough upgrades to the control medal to govern it properly, which is why it went rogue the way it did. I had, at one point, considered doing a blend of the Assassin Unit and the Warrior Unit, and having what would effectively be two Warrior Unit CMs to handle the increased regulation of Unit resources, but the changes to the control medal functional parameters would have been so widely deviating from it that it might as well be another control medal type entirely. Hence, why I went with the octagonal 8-partial-CM model instead.

Double-posting here, I admit, but wanted to update for those interested.

Inception is proceeding apace -- Parts 1 and 2 are complete, working on part 3 (which will most likely wrap it up). Not sure if I'm as verbose as Brian and company, though I'm not trying to compete for longest fan-fiction by any means. I'm right at 13.5K words presently (assuming MS Word's word count function is accurate), and on page 17 of the document (single-spaced on MS Word with size 10 font Times New Roman). Much, much farther along than I expected, really -- and this includes a couple of occasions of going back and actually adding in a couple of smaller scenes to help flesh out the story. I'm still going to have to map out some things to gear up for future stories that are specific to Proteus, but I'll be crossing that bridge when I come to it.

Ok I guess you didn't get what I meant. In order for him to mimic for example an HSL he would have create an HSL. So how would that work? Is an advanced hologram (which if that's possible that can lead to very powerful abilities)? Does it create from a universal part system that can configure itself to any situation? Does it replicate the HSL?

I mean that is part of a system not something you can mimic. Like saying a zoalord can mimic a pressure cannon. Or a zoalord can mimic the power and look of a mega smasher. But going as far as having that zoalord have chest plates pop be grown and have mega smasher cells underneath?

Most things that it would mimic, like Zoalord black hole attacks and such, would likely be based off the gravity control orb, and the unit AI would extrapolate from there. Same with mega smasher-like attacks, really. So in some ways, I guess it could be said that he does draw on some sort of universal system that reconfigures itself based on what's available within hyper sensor range, but otherwise works with what the Unit provides to begin with and go from there. Eventually, he'll be able to mix-and-match between multiple units/zoacrystals/control crystals to derive the greatest benefit in the situation, but I'm initially planning to have him focus on one target at a time and then grow from there as he progresses and grows more used to the Unit's workings.

That would also explain one of the ideas for if Proteus were to gain a Gigantic form. There isn't going to be a Relic for him to bond with like Sho did for the Gigantic, or like Jason did with the War Relic for Dreadnought. I'm imagining a possibility for how that might play out, depending on how things go.

Proteus actually has an HSL of his own, so that's not going to be a problem (except against other Gigantics, since they're triply redundant to give them even more of a power boost to pull from, and he's going to be limited in just how far he can really go -- I'll likely rewrite the data file to better reflect that). But I think I'm understanding what you're asking now, so hopefully the answer above will help.

The Guyver organism can become anything... So the question is rather how adaptive is the Proteus CM?

If it can reconfigure itself then it can assimilate new technology... Course there is a problem that WG technology is basically encrypted, and a improper copy could result in bizarre or unexpected results... Remember, even Krullnar hasn't been able to fully recreate Warrior tech... Closest was WG5 but that was more a less a clone unit and not built from scratch.

Unless of course one of Proteus's ability is to bypass any CM security?

For the HSL though, since it's based on interaction with the host that it's possible to mimic without actually copying the original mechanism. All Guyvers can tap the Boost Dimension to some level and as long as the Proteus CM has similar capacity as a Warrior CM then it can reach similar efficiency.

The funny thing about Proteus 1.0 (as opposed to current version 2.0 shown above) is that his adaptation was originally supposed to be chiefly through bio-material assimilation. Hyper sensors played a role in determining the abilities of an opposing unit, and then there was a sort of "stinger" that, once Proteus 1.0 got in close, would allow him to sample their bio-material; the sample would be analyzed by the CM and hyper sensors, then catalogued for purposes of customizing Proteus to contend with whatever he was going to be facing. Zoacrystals and Kavzar control crystals weren't originally included in that -- it was basically Guyver units and the Grakken Guyver units as his only means of focus. Originally it was being seen as a sort of reactive adaptation (and the same concept still applies in 2.0, though not as prolific as the original version). What bothered me about Proteus originally being a bio-material assimilator similar to Aptom, though, was that it seemed potentially "too easy", in some respects, to sample Guyvers and then go all DBZ in short order (and that is a bit of a misnomer, since plenty of the Guyvers as written could likely wipe the floor with Proteus before that ever happened).

That was ultimately why I removed that assimilation aspect from Proteus 2.0 and went more reliant upon the hyper sensors to do the job: sure, Proteus still has a bit of a DBZ factor, but there would be limits on it insofar as how much power Proteus's HSL system would be able to augment his overall power level to match his opponents, as well as the fact that it would be more a temporary "what can I do with what's available" sort of deal. That was also why the zoacrystals and Kavzar control crystals were incorporated into the mix, because it would increase his overall versatility while still keeping Proteus in line insofar as dealing with what's available for him to mix-and-match from. The reactive adaptation is also limited now to pretty much like what the Warrior Units have, such as developing immunity to Enzyme acid after the fact (though in Proteus's case, it takes him going into a full regenerative state like when his CM gets teleported into hyperspace to do that, so it can even be argued that his reactive adaptation isn't quite as good as the Warrior Units either).

When all's said and done, Vro'Lok basically "borrowed" different aspects of the various Kavzar designs (as well as what he could scavenge from Krullnar's attempt at creating a Warrior Unit) and integrated it into the Proteus Unit. The weapons module from the Enforcer Kavzar is the most obvious aspect, but the HSL system would likely have also come from the same basic source, so it's not going to be as good as the Warrior Units either, especially since it isn't currently triply-redundant like the Enforcer Kavzar's HSL as a means of competing with the Warrior Unit's HSL system. The only thing going for Proteus's HSL is that Vro'Lok miniaturized it enough to keep Proteus on par in size with most other Guyvers, rather than making it bigger and bulkier and winding up the same size as the typical Kavzar warrior (which also helps explain in part why the CM is designed the way it is).

Double-posting again. Shame on me, I know, but wanted to give everyone an update.

Inception refused to be a three-part story: absolutely, outright refused. Stubborn fan-fiction -- you get started writing, and suddenly it thinks it can take on a life of its own!

Seriously, though, Part 3 of Inception ends with a trio of Epilogues: the first following Gabe, followed by one each for Chronos and the ACTF. Word count as of the end of part 3 is approximately 20.4K words. Part 4 is now beginning, and that should be where Inception wraps up. If people are interested, I may put up the first part of Part 1, to let everyone see how Inception begins, and to (hopefully) whet people's appetite to see if Proteus might have a chance or not.