Zoaknight

Fanmade WG universe Hyper Zoanoid data file: Genofury

Howdy, here's my second attempt at a zoanoid data file, only this time its a fan-made addition to Sully's WG universe rather than the Guyver mangaverse. I wanted to create a beastie that I think would fulfill a useful niche for the Chronos forces without coming across as overpowered since the Bio-Titans and Gliddeans are at the top of the Hyper Zoanoid Food Chain at the moment, so needless to say I'm open to any suggestions concerning how to improve my zoanoid's design or any critique (like if a particular ability wouldn't work or if its better off with this or that weapon or if the origin behind its creation makes little sense, etc, etc...Just be honest, I can take it :mrgreen: )

Code Name: Genofury

Subject: Hyper Zoanoid

Class: Shock Trooper Type Hyper Zoanoid

Development Code: Classified

Serial Number: Classified

Height: 8ft

Weight: 550lbs

Description: From the Bio-Titan to the Gliddean, modern Chronos science has given rise to several powerful new Hyper Zoanoid models, but alas, these new warriors, while valuable, are difficult to mass produce & with growing threats from both the Gen and Anti-Chronos factions on earth, a growing need for powerful, but easily replaced zoanoids has become apparent. In response to this need, Dr. Valkus, with Lord Alkanphel’s permission, assigned several young but promising Apprentice Zoalords the task of creating a new Hyper Zoanoid model that would fit the needed requirements. Their motivation for success? The winner would be promoted & reoptimized into a Disciple Zoalord! With such a glorious prize in sight, the Apprentice Zoalords went to work on their own individual projects, each determined to be the one who’d create the hyper zoanoid who would serve as the mass produced companion to the neo-hyper zoanoids. The one who ultimately succeeded in this task was the former Apprentice Zoalord and now newest addition to the Disciple Zoalords, Umbra Domino, creator of the Genofury Hyper Zoanoid. The Genofury fits all the requirements set down by Lord Alkanphel and Dr. Valkus, this zoanoid is as easily mass produced as the far weaker Powered Zerebubuth but rivals the Neo-Zektole in power! The Genofury bares a passing resemblance to the Lost Number Aptom with its sleek, armored form, only with Powered Zerebubuth type spikes and biolasers, basic coloration is black on the upper body, torso, and spikes, but white on the back, arms, legs, and head, eyes are bright red. However, the coloration can be customized to a Zoalord’s liking.

Physical strength & stamina: The Genofury has the strength of 150 men, equaling that of the older Neo-Zektole model, but thanks to superior bio-energy management & reserves, its stamina is far greater, allowing it to fight harder and for longer periods of time before needing to rest and recharge. Its Elegan cells direct electrical energy to all of its more advanced weapons and features to empower them rather than discharging it as weapon, solving the limited stamina problem suffered by Powered Zerebubuth, who could only use its advanced abilities for so long before exhausting itself. A retractable dorsal fin situated on its back enables it to absorb ambient heat and light energy similar to Zektole and Neo-Zektole, allowing it to replenish its power even quicker, as well as providing the additional energy required for its ultimate attack, the Inferno Grenade, an explosive burst of energy surpassing even Zektole’s Mega Cannon in power. Alas, this zoanoid lacks the advanced power link feature unique to the Bio-Titan and Gliddean Hyper Zoanoid types.

Durability= Though the Genofury’s stamina and bio energy levels are inferior to the Bio-Titan and Gliddean, they do on the other hand possess superior physical durability due to its special hybridized body armor, which features the best properties of the exoskeletons of its predecessors, Neo-Zektole and Powered Zerebubuth. The Genofury’s armored form can endure any kind of impact up to a standard Guyver’s triple pressure cannon without sustaining any kind of damage, making it superior to Neo-Zektole who’s armor could be penetrated by said attack. On top of that the armor can vibrate at a frequency slightly twice that of a standard guyver’s high frequency swords, meaning it cannot be cut by said weapons and could even withstand the blades of a standard Kavzar. As if that was not enough, the numerous spikes covering its body can generate a force field powerful enough to withstand anything up to a full standard guyver mega smash, another advanced feature derived from Powered Zerebubuth but made more effective thanks to the Genofury’s superior bio-energy reserves (but it cannot link its shielding with its comrades as Bio-Titans and Gliddeans do). If wounded the Genofury can recover rapidly thanks to its advanced regenerative capabilities (it can heal faster than a Neo Zektole but lacks a Bio-Titans level of regeneration and can’t self-replicate).

Speed= Thanks to its sleeker form the Genofury is faster and more agile than either Neo-Zektole or Powered Zerebubuth on the ground or in the air. Ground speed is 250MPH, top flight speed is Mach 1 (flight is achieved in the same fashion as Elegan’s ionic hovering).

Offensive weapons= This Zoanoid’s primary weapons are its twin Infrared Laser Matrix Cannons (or Heat Wave Cannons), located on each of its arms. Each cannon is equal in strength to the single cannon found on a Powered Zerebubuth, granting Genofury far more firepower when both weapons are fired at once in a combined attack, and recharge far more quickly. For close range combat the Genofury is equipped with a total of eight extendable claw high-frequency swords, four on each hand. The blades are identical to the Thancrus type but thanks to the Elegan cells they can be augmented to the point at which they are able to operate at a power level slightly more than twice that of a standard guyver, meaning it could potentially match blades with a standard Kavzar and shatter any sword of lesser quality, but tests have shown they are still inferior to the blades used by the Bio-Titans, which can be enhanced with bio-energy. Sonic emitters located on its face are identical to the Vikkar type and provide this zoanoid with excellent echolocation as well as the ability to disorient the control medals of enemy guyver units, forcing them to disengage (its unknown how effective this weapon may be against a Nova or Warrior Guyver unit, but it is hoped it will at least prove as effective against Acears and Kavzars as standard guyvers).

Senses: Its sense of hearing is identical to that of a Vikkar and its single compound visor eye can see in the ultra-violet and infrared spectrums.

Special Features= Subject is equipped with anti-Aptom anti-bodies inorder to prevent its unique features from being absorbed by the turncoat Lost Number.

Edited by Guest

OnyxPhoenix wrote: :shock:8):twisted:

Nasty little bugger, isn't he? Very interesting....

:mrgreen:

Yes, that he is, bwahahahaha! :twisted:

Thanks Onyx, I tried to make Genoslayer a viable threat while not going too overboard (its not supposed to be a Bio-Titan replacement, but rather a replacement for Neo-Zektole & Powered Zerebubuth, a powerful but expendable Hyper Zoanoid model).

BTW, which name sounds better to you? Genoslayer or Genofury? Fury as in the Greek Goddesses of vengeance like the Bio-Titans are named after the Titans of Greek Myth :twisted:

I got a question about them...like how the Neo Zektole gets vaporized if it uses it's ultimate weapon, when this creature does the same what is preventing it from destroying itself in the process?

Juggernaut wrote: I got a question about them...like how the Neo Zektole gets vaporized if it uses it's ultimate weapon, when this creature does the same what is preventing it from destroying itself in the process?

The Inferno grenade attack used by this zoanoid is more akin to the original Zektole's Mega Cannon than Neo Zektole's Tempest Burst attack, meaning its a powerful attack that surpasses a standard guyver's mega smash but is not a one shot city destroying suicide attack, so the beast can recover after firing it. I was gonna give it somesort of OMG suicide last resort attack, but I figured that be going overboard since this zoanoid is supposed to be powerful but easy to mass produce, so a Tempest Burst or Kamikaze synthetic zoacrystal attack like ya see in Neo Zektole might be pushing it (basically this thing's supposed to enable Chronos to utilize its precious Bio-Titans and Gliddeans more sparingly by serving as powerful gun fodder troops, kinda like the Acears or standard Kavzars are to the creators).

Zoaknight wrote:

BTW, which name sounds better to you? Genoslayer or Genofury? Fury as in the Greek Goddesses of vengeance like the Bio-Titans are named after the Titans of Greek Myth :twisted:

I'd have to say Genofury probably sounds better. But hey, it's your baddie. Your choice to name him. Have fun. :wink:

I may just have to see how this rascal would fare against my own characters once my stories are posted, hmmm? :mrgreen:

Onyx wrote: I'd have to say Genofury probably sounds better. But hey, it's your baddie. Your choice to name him. Have fun. :wink:

I may just have to see how this rascal would fare against my own characters once my stories are posted, hmmm? :mrgreen:

I agree that Genofury sounds better, I just needed second opinion from another Guyver fan, thankyou :D

And you can totally use the Genofuries in your stories if ya wish, I'd be honored 8)

May be designing a different version of this critter soon, but for now this beastie will do :twisted:

:) U r welcome. and thanks for the permission to use ur fella in a story if I want. It just might be pretty cool. :mrgreen:

Doesn't this belong in the fiction section? Not really a science topic.

Nice datafile. IMO I think he is a bit overpowered for a mass producable zoanoid. For the most part the zoanoid a slightly weaker or equal to the Bio Titan and exceeding him in a couple of areas. What I would do is place him between a Powered Zerebubuse and a Neo Zektole in overall power. 125 men, 450-500 MPH, zerebubuse level armor, half the regeneration of Bio Titan, shields withstand a single mega smash. Weapons are good enough. Vibrational claws good enough.

Wording and phrasing of your datafile could be cleaned up abit. But good job overall.

Sorry, should I move it? I posted my last datafile here because I saw another, older datafile here as well and I thought this was the place for them :oops:

Anywho, thanks McAvoy for the tips on how to improve Genofury! Would those modifications make it more realistic as a Mass produced but powerful replacement for Neo Zektole and Powered Zerebubuth? That was my original intent, something Chronos could mass produce and put onto the frontlines to combat the Gen's weaker forces and thus enable them to use their Bio Titans more sparingly, rather than something that would replace them.

If you ask the mods, Zoaknight, they'll do it, or you can do it yourself. Either way works, I think. Also, let us know if you do make the changes suggested by McAvoy. That way, if and when I make use of this fella in my stories, I'll know just how much mayhem he can cause. Still, like McAvoy said, it is a good DF. :):mrgreen:

Sorry, should I move it? I posted my last datafile here because I saw another, older datafile here as well and I thought this was the place for them :oops:

Anywho, thanks McAvoy for the tips on how to improve Genofury! Would those modifications make it more realistic as a Mass produced but powerful replacement for Neo Zektole and Powered Zerebubuth? That was my original intent, something Chronos could mass produce and put onto the frontlines to combat the Gen's weaker forces and thus enable them to use their Bio Titans more sparingly, rather than something that would replace them.

The way I look at it, if it's able to be mass produced and has to be inferior to the Bio Titans, then there has to be economy measures. For example the biggest one would be the armor. The armor alone would allow him to stand up to even a Kavzar. I would limit the Genofury to a impact resistence armor type like a Zerebubuse and Zektole. Maybe making it able to withstand a single pressure cannon but not the triple cannon attack. If you have your heart set on a vibrating armor feature. Limit it to let's say it's arms. Maybe have gautlets which from it can deflect vibrational swords and have spikes on it that allow it act like vibrational swords if not exactly like them.

I like your Inferno Grenade, but put in it's own category below the offensive weapons. Give it a better description. Does it act like a grenade? Is it released like a pressure cannon or a black hole? Or is a beam of energy?

I would also take out the parenthesis. For example:

If wounded the Genofury can recover rapidly thanks to its advanced regenerative capabilities (it can heal faster than a Neo Zektole but lacks a Bio-Titans level of regeneration and can’t self-replicate).

This is foggy. The whole datafile seems to be written by Chronos. So it seems to be a bit silly to have a generalized estimation of their abilities. We can assume this is general knowledge datafiles whereas the more educated guesses, theories and descriptions are classified. I would write something like this:

If wounded the Genofury can quickly reocver due to it's advanced regenerative capabilities. The Genofury is capable of regenerating from nearly any wound at half of the Bio Titan's regenerative speed, short of 50% of destruction of body mass.

It's your datafile, though. You can write all about the Super Mecha Carebears all you want ( i wouldn't post that here though). Just figured you would like some notes and observations.

McAvoy wrote: The way I look at it, if it's able to be mass produced and has to be inferior to the Bio Titans, then there has to be economy measures. For example the biggest one would be the armor. The armor alone would allow him to stand up to even a Kavzar. I would limit the Genofury to a impact resistence armor type like a Zerebubuse and Zektole. Maybe making it able to withstand a single pressure cannon but not the triple cannon attack. If you have your heart set on a vibrating armor feature. Limit it to let's say it's arms. Maybe have gautlets which from it can deflect vibrational swords and have spikes on it that allow it act like vibrational swords if not exactly like them.

I like your Inferno Grenade, but put in it's own category below the offensive weapons. Give it a better description. Does it act like a grenade? Is it released like a pressure cannon or a black hole? Or is a beam of energy?

Sorry for taking forever to reply back :( , real life stuff keeping me busy :lol:

Anywho, I like your ideas for the armor, but I find it hard to imagine that Chronos would develop the HV armor for a zoanoid and not implement it for its entire body, or specifically just for its arms. As for the HV spikes, ya mean like weapons designed for stabbing through armor and blocking HV blades rather than cutting?

My idea for the Inferno Grenade is that it would appear as a massive burning blast of spherical energy and go BOOM once it impacts with the target, so I guess it charges and fires like a Black Hole attack but vaporizes ya like a big ass bomb.

McAvoy wrote: would also take out the parenthesis. For example:

If wounded the Genofury can recover rapidly thanks to its advanced regenerative capabilities (it can heal faster than a Neo Zektole but lacks a Bio-Titans level of regeneration and can’t self-replicate).

This is foggy. The whole datafile seems to be written by Chronos. So it seems to be a bit silly to have a generalized estimation of their abilities. We can assume this is general knowledge datafiles whereas the more educated guesses, theories and descriptions are classified. I would write something like this:

If wounded the Genofury can quickly reocver due to it's advanced regenerative capabilities. The Genofury is capable of regenerating from nearly any wound at half of the Bio Titan's regenerative speed, short of 50% of destruction of body mass.

It's your datafile, though. You can write all about the Super Mecha Carebears all you want ( i wouldn't post that here though). Just figured you would like some notes and observations.

Good points about how its written and the ideas for the regenerative capabilities/limits of the zoanoid in question, and I TOTALLY appreciate the advice and feedback McAvoy, I'm still new to datafile making so I don't mind hearing the thoughts and ideas of other fans. And if I find the time to remake this datafile or something similar I'll be sure to post it in the writing section instead next time around if thats the proper place for these. Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Note it was Zektole and not Neo-Zektole hit by the triple pressure cannon. Neo-Zektole was given the powers of all the Hyper Team 5. So was much more powerful. The neo-Armor could probably take the triple pressure cannon, could use Darzerb's heat generation to create a thermal blast field, and the Elegan based electrical arc is what it used to shield itself from G3's Mega Smash.

Also Power Zerebubuth's vibrational spikes also protected him from the Pressure Cannon in the anime. Since the pressure cannon has a sort of event horizon, so disrupting it before impact prevents damage. But the armor itself could still be damaged with strong enough physical attacks and vibrational swords. So a Guyver would have to get dangerously close to inflict damage or catch him with a mega smasher.

Another note to mention: try to pile on too many abilities w/o considering if they would all work effectively or overload the Zoanoid, you get a Lost Number w/o the ability to be reproduced. Not what Chronos would want, not even if they have to go through w/ trial and error. Point to consider. :roll::mrgreen:

Onyx wrote: Another note to mention: try to pile on too many abilities w/o considering if they would all work effectively or overload the Zoanoid, you get a Lost Number w/o the ability to be reproduced. Not what Chronos would want, not even if they have to go through w/ trial and error. Point to consider. :roll::mrgreen:

True, maybe if I reduce the number of HV swords or remove them entirely that would level things out?

Not to see if you can, Zoaknight, but to see if they have a balance to them. Zektole became a Lost Number to deal with Aptom and to get revenge, plus his opt. was rushed to do so. They combined all of the Hyper 5's abilities in him and were able to maintain cohesion for it at that time, but his body was beginning to break down because of it. He knew that he did not have long left to live. Most Zoanoids, depending on their classes and categories, have enhanced strength and stamina over humans as normal attributes. The addition of weapons like the HV blades, laser emitters, and the like have to balance out with the other attributes, or it will over tax the subject. The science teams of Chronos still don't have a perfect conversion rate when it comes to Zoanoids, and overloading what the subject's DNA can accept can be disastrous. :roll::mrgreen:

It's also a matter of energy, normal zoaforms can sustain themselves like normal humans with normal food intake. But the Libertus for example require being put into Bio-Tubes after a mission to replenish themselves by directly infusing nutrients into their system. Even then they only got a few years to live before they burn out.

Similarly Powered Zerebubuth was defeated because his enhanced abilities used up his energy reserves and he was left helpless. Even Zoalord's have limits to their power, with the Zoacrystal being basically a super battery for them but eventually it'll run out as well.

Only Guyvers are self regenerative because the unit is constantly siphoning energy from the Boost Dimension. So not only can a Guyver regenerate from just a few cells but they don't need to eat while the unit is active, which is why the unit removes most of the internal organs while the unit is active.

Though Guyvers and Zoaforms may have a similarity with the Bio-Boost. Since it is physically impossible to increase mass without a intake of energy, zoaforms basically violate conservation of energy by transforming from human bodies into their zoaforms, not to mention the energy needed for the transformation. So I theorize the reason why the Creators found life on Earth so interesting was because life here shared some fundamental properties with the Guyver organism, which can naturally Bio-Boost.

The Bio-Boost itself seems to work when altering form and mass to exchange energy with the Boost Dimension. So both the Guyver and the Zoaforms can only tap it when transforming, thus why the Guyver needs the Gravity Control Orb for a continuous trickle charge and why the Bio-Boost can instantly heal any wound the host or Guyver may have. Like when Sho was stabbed by Aptom and another time when Sho re-activated the armor shortly after de-activation any damage the armor had was regenerated instantly.

Zoaforms though aren't as efficient as Guyvers. So each transformation costs them some energy and results in a net loss. So can't just keep on transforming to keep charged. Leaving zoaforms with what power is contained in their body to fuel their abilities and chemical energy will only take you so far.

Even zoaforms capable of rapid regeneration only do so at the cost of a greatly shortened lifespan. So if you want to make a really power zoaform, there has to be an explanation of where it is getting the power from. Like Neo Zektole was powerful but even then the Blast Tempest needed solar energy to power it and he had to go to low orbit to get enough to fire the weapon. While Aptom is another example and he absorbs other Zoaforms for his energy.

Even the fan fic Bio-Titans uses biological fusion to generate enough power to make them possible. Otherwise you have to either limit abilities to something based on physical design or otherwise don't need raw energy to constantly power those abilities.

Similarly Powered Zerebubuth was defeated because his enhanced abilities used up his energy reserves and he was left helpless. Even Zoalord's have limits to their power, with the Zoacrystal being basically a super battery for them but eventually it'll run out as well.

Well in the manga the Powered Zerebubuse got a pressure cannon to the mouth...

I also think it has something to do with the body as well. Too much energy in a body not properly designed for it for example. For example in the OAV, Zektole superboosted and basically was burning himself out from it. I think the same can be said for Murakami and Neo Zektole.

In the end I think, in order to truly give a zoanoid a wide range of powers and be powerful would be to give him a zoacrystal. But then the zoanoid would become a zoalord

Well in the manga the Powered Zerebubuse got a pressure cannon to the mouth...

True, but she didn't have time to waste with him with re-enforcements on the way.

I also think it has something to do with the body as well. Too much energy in a body not properly designed for it for example. For example in the OAV, Zektole superboosted and basically was burning himself out from it. I think the same can be said for Murakami and Neo Zektole.

In the end I think, in order to truly give a zoanoid a wide range of powers and be powerful would be to give him a zoacrystal. But then the zoanoid would become a zoalord

Yup, only the Zoalords and Guyvers seem able to handle those higher power levels without risking burning out. Though you could spread the load with zoaforms that can work together or even merge to form a larger and more powerful form. The Fake Gigantic and Guyot's new spider form being two such examples...

Well, in essence the Genofury is supposed to be akin to a Powered Zerebubuse who's stamina problem has been solved and its arsenal improved, provided with Elegan type power cells to increase his endurance and power his weapons with electricity...But if necessary i could take it another step further and make it akin to a Bio Titan with Bio Fusion as its power source, was trying to avoid that though since my creature is supposed to be a replacement for the Powered Zerebubuse and Neo Zektole, a Neo Hyper Zoanoid that is not only powerful BUT readily mass produced (something to help conserve the Bio Titans for more important tasks & better Chronos' forces with better lower level Neo Hyper Zoanoids).

If I went the Bio Fusion route, the Genofuries would be like Bio Titans modeled after Powered Zerebubuse rather than Neo Zektole, or like how Gliddean is modeled after Thancrus, etc....Meaning it may not be able to serve the special role I had in mind for them.

P.S. I deeply appreciate all the thoughtful advice and information thus far gang, seriously helps to get my rusty gears turning :lol:

Not so easy to solve PZ's power limitation. Whether using Elegan cells or other they all basically still use chemical energy and that limits energy reserves... though you could boost metabolism, risks shortening lifespan but would be a short term solution...

This is true. I mean how long to do you think these zoanoids would last normally anyway? In a world at war (pretty much WW3) those zoanoids shouldn't last long enough to die from their heightened metabolism.

Zeo wrote: Not so easy to solve PZ's power limitation. Whether using Elegan cells or other they all basically still use chemical energy and that limits energy reserves... though you could boost metabolism, risks shortening lifespan but would be a short term solution...

Well, its not my intent to give Genofury unlimited stamina, just enough to do its job and utilize its advanced features without exhausting itself in a matter of moments. Stamina is what got PGZ killed in the anime, he wasted time showing off his fancy new weapons instead of using his time & energy wisely to kill Guyver 1. He had the right tools, but tired himself out before he could finish the job or do some real damage to the Guyver, and got himself disarmed & cut up, left to die at the hands of Lisker (I like the extra drama they added to the anime, like Lisker & Zerebubuse being old rivals & giving both baddies more screen time instead of limiting them to "monster of the day" type roles).

The Genofury would tire in time, but not THAT quickly. The assassinoids, Neo Zektoles (Sully's versions), and bio titans possess some impressive powers but don't seem to suffer from limited lifespan or short combat time. I realize they have different power sources but given that Genofury isn't intended to be a Bio Titan replacement it should be able to handle what i give it as long as I provide it with a means of recharging itself & powering its attacks.