OnyxPhoenix

Next Installment of the Dark Chronicles

Chapter XXXX, Anno XXXX in the First Era of Via Veritas Vita:

(The Way, the Truth, The Life)

(remember to read the first draft before this one, kids)

The Grand Gathering of Persona

As the Daemon Phoenix left his meditation room, once more entrapping the foul Darkness Forever within his grasp and control, another being of great renown was marking the new day in his own way. That person in question, the revered Arias, Curator of the Sacred Aeons and a Wanderer of Time from long ago, had himself risen from a deep slumber some time ago to continue upon a tireless mission he had been given by the Avatar Ascendant himself: the chronicles of their age of existence, & the lives of the ones who had helped shape & craft it into the poignant moment in time it had become.

Wrapped in the robes of a great statesman, Arias calmly walked down a marble sidewalk, embossed with symbols ancient and new. One of his hands calmly brushed through the silver-white colors of his well-kept beard, while the other kept a firm grasp upon the tome where he had begun to inscribe the words requested of him by his old friend and war comrade so long ago. Long before the Avatar Ascendant became aware of the power that he was now the wielder of, he had asked Arias to record his deeds, not as that of grandiose power and that of a harsh law-giver, but as a mere persona of fate, who had been shown a path of knowledge and understanding for him to travel, to embrace, and to fulfill.

Presently, Arias' confident steps brought his eyes into view of one of the most wondrous sites to see in the terrestrial capital city of Acropolis Unity, the seat of knowledge and government for a long time now on the planet Earth. Situated over what was once know as Atlanta, Georgia, in the United States of the North American continent, this city had been the birthplace of the new and much more feasible existence of humankind. Nations were no longer divided over borders of land, or quarrels over one's birth and heritage. All was now shared, because the ones who had helped end all of the heinous wars of the past had helped the peoples of Earth see their differences not as hinderances, but as differences of opinion and belief, and that they all were to be respected. The single edifice that Arias looked upon was the Grand Pantheon of Knowledge and Enlightenment, a veritable recreation of the ancient and wondrous Great Libary of Alexandria, from ancient Roman times. Believed destroyed long ago, the loss of the knowledge contained within that ancient edifice of learning was considered to be one of the greatest tragedies in the Earth's existence and humankind's past. However, due in part to tireless work between the Daemon Phoenix and the Avatar Ascendant, as well as a well-guarded gathering of talented scribes and artists, a veritable miracle had been brought forth. With the two beings' combined power and vast understanding of advanced technology and existing theories surrounding time travel, spatial manipulation, and the sheer will to bring the ideas to fruition, they had allowed themselves to traverse the time stream back to that forgotten age of growth and expansion. Once there in ancient times, and hidden from sight by the power of the Avatar Ascendant, the group of scribes and artists were imbued with the power of total recall by the Daemon Phoenix, which allowed them to recreate virtually anything and everything that their eyes came upon.

The structure and architecture of the day and age returned to life within the group's mind with the ease of running water. The vast organic databases of the Daemon Phoenix and the Avatar Ascendant, coupled with their immense psychic power, allowed the group to also view all of the lost artworks, scripture, geological renderings, and even the philosophies of the long-past enlightened of the time. Anything and everything: nothing was left behind. Several times, as many as was required, but never fully revealed, the Daemon Phoenix and the Avatar Ascendant performed this duty. Their journeys were never revealed to anyone save their most trusted allies, who guarded their missions and performed their selected duties in their stead during their absence, and also protected the group upon their return, where they commenced the recreation of the building, as well as all of the knowledge and art that had been gleaned from their forays into the past.

Arias himself, having been the most respected of the now-legendary group at that time, had been appointed High Statesman of the reborn Library, and was later granted a special boon later: the privelege of transcribing the knowledge from several of the ancient parchments into a useful list of journeys and discoveries for his comrades to continue. The list that Arias completed, now known as the Futura Manifesto, was soon used by the Avatar Ascendant and his cherished inner circle to enhance the wealth of all the nations upon the planet at the time, as well as finally allowing so many of the peoples and races of the world to place their long-held differences aside to make the small gem of the heavens that everyone called their home world into a much better place to live.

Walking up the steps to the main entrance of the Grand Pantheon, Arias calmly remarked to himself that so many times before, he had traveled up these steps to the Library to continue his quest for the betterment of humankind and their later allies across the galaxies, those beings now free from would-be conquerors from the planet's populace, as well as from sources from beyond the blue-green gem's sphere, and other evil forces that reared their heads when wishing to enslave the world and force it to serve their bidding. Each and every time he descended them to return home, his heart and soul were all the more filled with wonder and pride at how the planet he was once a foreigner to, had become a cherished place for him to dwell upon and live out his existence. Again and again, Arias thanked the fates for the chance to live his life as a free sentient being, and for the chance to make the world around him a much better place than what it once was.

"Good morning, Master Arias."

Arias looked up, turning to see the owner of the voice who had just spoken to him, and soon saw the visage of Ivan, another one of his good friends and colleagues, standing nearby the decorative entrance to the great Library. Shifting his journal to his other hand, Arias smiled broadly as he ascended the last few steps to the entrance, and grasped the open hand of his friend.

"Ah! Good day to you, Ivan. How does this grand day find you?"

"Very well, my old friend. Very well indeed. And you?"

"Very good as well. Still busy as ever, however. A good man's work is rarely ever done, you know, Ivan."

"Too true, Master Arias, too true. May I interest you in a bit of late day refreshment from the Cafe' before you continue your work?"

"Ah, that would be splendid, my friend. Something to drink, as well as a bit of late lunch, would soothe the soul, and the stomach. Lead on."

The two scholars entered the nearby establishment, procured their favored beverages and some small pastries, than sat down in an open foyer to enjoy their brief meals in the rays of the great sun above them.

"The chefs here continue to keep this buffet well stocked and delicious every time I come here, Ivan. Without my work, I'd probably be living here, you know."

"Very true, Master Arias. But, I can see that your work on the grand assignment given to you by the honored Avatar Ascendant has you going daily, so a little diversion from time to time does aid one in keeping their wits and intellect sharp."

"It is very much appreciated, Ivan. For so long now, we have been the welcome recipients of the numerous works granted to us by the humble Lord Guardian, all in the name of this world he so cherishes, and to simply aid us all in being able to live a life full of such freedoms and little worries about things that can bring ill will to us. In asking this task of me, he simply mentioned that he wished for me to be truthful, as well as thorough. It is truly a great honor to have been granted this task, as it is for all of us to be able to live our lives to the fullest."

"No need to convince me, old friend. I see that fact every day that you come by here and help our world grow in knowledge and understanding of all that the fates have granted us."

The two friends and colleagues continued on with their conversation and refreshments for some time, then wished each other well so that they could return to their own separate projects. Again peering at some of his notes as he walked toward his private office, Arias made sure of the posts and information that he had planned to remark about in his tome, the one created to house the vast chronicles of the powerful, yet very humble person who had changed so much for the people of Earth, and for the other races that had established friendly ties with the blue-green gem of the Milky Way. Smiling to himself, Arias finally arrived at his office, opened it with a simple mental command, then continued on into his workplace as the rays of the sun filtered in.

Carefully, Arias laid his treasured tome upon his bureau and gathered together his most recent notes and scriblings for the next chapter of the Chronicles. Looking over them, Arias saw that very soon, he would begin writing about the dark and fateful events that both the Daemon Phoenix and the Avatar Ascendant had encountered before their great era of peace began. Arias remembered them well: the Daemon Phoenix's encounter and battle with the Darkness Forever, and the Avatar Ascendant's own titanic and miraculous battle against a evil mental personification of himself. The Dark Tyrant, as it had been named, and the Avatar Ascendant fought for over a month in the halls of the Avatar's mind, and the entire building he lived in when that happened shook fiercely with each turn of the psychic war. Only his family had remained by his side to keep the warrior strong through the ordeal. His blood brother, Master Hadaelos, Most Honored Lord of the Eternal Flame; the beloved mate to Master Hadaelos, Lady Xyleria; and the Avatar Ascendant's own wife, the Lady Zephyrra, the Anointed Shamaness of Terra Futura all remained by his side, praying for his soul and mind with all their being. At the end of the great mental battle, the Avatar Ascendant remained unbroken, but the Dark Tyrant was shown the one thing that his very existence could not deny: he and the Avatar were one and the same being, although from different pathways of time and space they had been born. Seeing this, the Dark Tyrant could no longer fight, as destroying the Avatar Ascendant would also destroy him. So, the two once again became one, two sides of the same coin, and their power merged to become that which could not be denied. A true to life avatar of balance and justice now lived in the Avatar Ascendant's mind and body, and soon after that, the eras of war began to end one by one.

Arias smiled to himself again, recalling those days. A simple being, granted great power and purpose, and yet, he refused to attempt becoming that which so many before him had tried: being a god. He simply did not see himself as one, as he knew his duties to the planet would not be something a god would truly embrace as a necessary cosmic endeavor for one such as the cosmos knew. Nodding his head once more, Arias opened up his tome, picked up his special writing plume, and then began to write again.

"Chapter Twenty Five....."

End

(Well, that's the latest one of the future stories. Hope to begin adding my initial ones soon. Enjoy, r & r.) :):mrgreen:

:( HEY! not meaning to double post here, gang, but no comments!? :shock: no reviews!? not a one!? come on! don't leave me out in the cold like that! not nice! :evil:

P.S. Not complaining here, just wishin for feedback. Pls give when able. :|

Well it is written really well, my question for now is this story going to be about some hero from what is left of humanity and the new version of the guyver or are you going to get into the history of the Ascendant being(s). I think it would help if the reader at least know in what context you are starting the story from - meaning give a plot overview so we can have some kind of foothold for the story -

Juggernought, thanks for the comment. 8) Ok, the long and short of it is that I have been writing my own WG-based fan fic for some time, but just have not

gotten around to posting the whole thing here. My stories start right around All Things Change, and follow a group of anti-Chronos characters from Italy. Guyvers and Zoalords are both involved, but more will be explained when it's posted. The timing for the Dark Chronicles is in the far off future for the WG timeline, at least it's a way I see it could go. The characters in Dark Chronicles are all evolved from the ones in the stories yet to be posted, and their lives describe the wars and battles they fought to get where they are now. I'll let that stew in all the brains for now. As soon as I can, this year I think is the one where I will finally post my initial stories on WG. Hope for the best, and make mine Guyver! :mrgreen:

Sounds good...as a clincher you could throw in a few datafiles of the main characters with a brief history, give some info on the new 'grunt' baddies and abviously the new villain(s) that would be threatening this new existence. And since you'll be having such a huge gap between All Things Change and the Chronicles future you'd have to make sure events from this era transitions into what will become reality in the future.

But those are just my observations.

Btw - what in mind do you have for the guyvers and zoalords then? Have they too evolved into something more powerful? Are they the new gods. Is humanity still basically puny little pink skinned monkeys shuffled around a chest board?

Juggernought wrote:

Sounds good...as a clincher you could throw in a few datafiles of the main characters with a brief history, give some info on the new 'grunt' baddies and abviously the new villain(s) that would be threatening this new existence. And since you'll be having such a huge gap between All Things Change and the Chronicles future you'd have to make sure events from this era transitions into what will become reality in the future.

Btw - what in mind do you have for the guyvers and zoalords then? Have they too evolved into something more powerful? Are they the new gods. Is humanity still basically puny little pink skinned monkeys shuffled around a chest board?

------------------

Thanks again, J. I have already finished virtually all of the DF's (took forever!), and they may change in some areas as the rewrites come. The wars and gaps will be defined as well. As for all of them, humanity is still around, and will have benefited greatly from these heroes and warriors. Will elaborate more in next postings. Til then, be waiting with baited breath. :mrgreen:

Juggernought wrote:

------------------

Thanks again, J. I have already finished virtually all of the DF's (took forever!), and they may change in some areas as the rewrites come. The wars and gaps will be defined as well. As for all of them, humanity is still around, and will have benefited greatly from these heroes and warriors. Will elaborate more in next postings. Til then, be waiting with baited breath. :mrgreen:

----------

Ya want more? Then, leave comments for my other stories, please!!!! :shock:

----------------

Hmmm, no comments? NO SOUP FOR YOU! HA! :twisted:

-------------------

100 views and no comments! NO COFFEE FOR YOU! :evil: