Sign in to follow this  
Guest proto-guybaa2

guyver collections

Guest proto-guybaa2

I noticed there was a missing thread in the Guyver section, namely Guyver collections!!! My collection room is almost finished, so expect an update soon. I should warn you my collection has almost increased by 50% :mrgreen: Its come to the point that i am only missing a couple of dvds and the Guyver genesis book. But in the mean time i hope other members will post some pics!

Well earlier this week my Guyver stuff from ebay came... :biggrin:

So i figured I was going to wait for that before i psoted here.

post-12-1217110794_thumb.jpg

it's not that great a pic, so i have:

Guyver volumes 1-24

Guyver VDF chinese

Guyver novels 1 and 2 (the retellings of the manga)

Guyver 1 open megasmasher gashapon

Guyver 1 BFC figure

Guyver image album

Guyver 12-part OST (The Guyver "SPECIAL")

Guyver 12 part OVA complete Manga videos.

Also, i suggest that if you can, People should get the original VHS releases of the 12-part on VHS. It has episode 12, fully uncut in english and the first dub of Genzo was MILES better than the new one on DVD. Srsly.

ALSO ALSO, this is a great oppertunity to fill the merchendise page of the wiki! Would People mind if i picked out images from here to put on the page? I'll do all the wiki work if you're not feeling up to it ;) You would be creditted on the image's page. :)

those videos that you have look like the original uk release.

and that's the same release that I have on DVD.

which dvd are you referring to, because it must be a different dvd. I have the one that was released in the US by manga.

that's it. It has the original release that was put out on video by manga. then it has the extended original in japanese as a special feature.

it's the Manga version. I couldn't detect any difference, and I watched them a lot as you can imagine.

ofc the us renditions dub was different. that was released on VHS in america but i don't think it was ever released here in the UK.

so the uncut episode is only watchable in japanese in that DVD release that I linked to?

i'm a little confused...

yes. that's it exactly. because the english version was cut. and the english soundtrack was created for the cut episode.

if they restored the cut scenes they would be silent or the audio wouldn't match up.

huh? in my video release, it has it fully uncut in english, and the track is perfect.

they did actually record all the lines from the scene.

so i guess the DVD release was just a little botched :(

what? it shows mizuki naked?

published by manga?

because i have watched the Manga version many times, I had all the original videos that were released in the uk, and it doesn't have mizuki naked.

those are the re-released multi episode boxes aren't they?

it would be pretty strange if they cut it for the original release and only ever released the full epsode for the re-releases that hardly anyone would buy and then cut it again for the dvd release.

Guest Masamune

I really want to see the Mizuki scene uncut, simply for the fact it was dumb to cut in the first place.

OHNOES, NAKED CHICK!! BUT LET'S LEAVE IN THE GORE!

This is why I say that the L.A. HERO releases are the best ones. They sound better and they are unedited and uncut. 6 VHS volumes with 2 episodes per tape.

Actually, I noticed something that is different between the L.A. HERO release and the original Japanese version. In Eps.6 where Sho and Agito fight Gold ZX-TOLE the Guyver OVA theme is playing (not done in the Manga version cuz I keep hearing the Guyver Rock on theirs). Most People usually here this if they've seen the original Japanese and/or the L.A. HERO releases. Well, each of the 2 version plays a different part of the song. the L.A. HERO release plays the first part of the theme while the Japanese half plays the second half of it.

Wierd huh?

and the Manga version omitted it compeltely :lol:

And yeah Ryuki, those are the videos with 4 episodes per tape. It's weird that they would change the actual episodes for the sepererate releases, especially in alternation like that.

ANYHOO, we've derailed this topic quite a lot, let's see everyone's collections!!!

Heres my collection (minus a few raggedy posters that i dont know where ive stashed em and a Guyver 1 gashapon)!! :biggrin:

post-908-1217961319_thumb.jpg

DAMN forgot to put the HK data book in too!!

Edited by Eether

wow, nice collection, viz comics, figures, tv dvd, are those hk rip dvds? out of control dvd, 2nd film dvd, 12 part series on vhs!! impressive. chuangyi manga, kadokawa books, an italian book.

am i right?

wow, nice collection, viz comics, figures, tv dvd, are those hk rip dvds? out of control dvd, 2nd film dvd, 12 part series on vhs!! impressive. chuangyi manga, kadokawa books, an italian book.

am i right?

Thanks! its 14 years in the making!! you're, Pretty much right, since you asked i'll bore you with details :badgrin:

12 PART OAV VHS - i ve said before i ve been down since day 1 in 1994 since the first volume came out on VHS £5.99 i loved it! so once a month after that i bought each release...alien bio armour, Anime characters running round shoutin BIO BOOST !!! GUUUUYVERRRRR!!!! and letting blood from badass monsters -which big 14 year old kid ( or big 28 year old kid) aint gonna love that!!!???!!!

VIZ RELEASE Manga COMICS - viz started releasing the Manga so i had two volumes worth of those,until i realised i didnt have the money to keep buying a Manga that basically was showing me the same thing as the anime- i was collecting other Manga aswell and i was only 15 so didnt have that much cash! and then when i realised that the Manga viz released didnt get further than the Anime i was gutted!! about the only long running Manga viz saw through from that time was Ranma 1/2 !!! dropping all time classic long running series such as Fist of the north star and Guyver!!??!! ( there only saving grace for me was Crying Freeman!!!!)

GUYVER 1 (x2), Guyver 3, Guyver GIGANTIC, GIGANTIC DARK - That Guyver 3 must have been the last one for sale in the world on the net, i only discovered too late about the max factory figures to buy one from ebay or wherever at a sensible price, i found it on some asian toy site it was there last one and i had to mess about getting them to ship to the UK.

OFFICAL US RELEASE OAV DVDS - yes i bought the US OFFICAL oav release dvds but i didnt like the whole digitized picture thing where the lines are fuzzy not sTRAIGHT!!! so i took a punt on the HK bootleg edition as i was planning on taping my original vhs' to dvd and it appears to me anyway that the bootleg is a better picture -ironic eh :confused:

TV SERIES DVDS fan subbed (sadly purchased on ebay)... I hate downloading!

OUTR OF CONTROL DVD is made from the offical out of control ntsc video tape that i still have ( another thing that didnt make the picture- damn!) i might be selling it on ebay soonish not sure.

GUYVER 2 AKA DARK HERO - impatience prompted me to buy the us version before the remastered version was released here! is it me or does it last for ages!!??!! ( i have a dodge copy of the first Guyver film but i dont like it much at all)

CHUANG YI BOOKS 1-8

KADOKOWA HK 9-22

KADOKAWA JAPANESE 23-25

ITALIAN BOOK 3 AND 23!!

and top left Guyver Advocacy TRANSLATIONS- yay!!! :biggrin: THANKYOU!!!

12 PART OAV VHS - i ve said before i ve been down since day 1 in 1994 since the first volume came out on VHS £5.99 i loved it! so once a month after that i bought each release...alien bio armour, Anime characters running round shoutin BIO BOOST !!! GUUUUYVERRRRR!!!! and letting blood from badass monsters -which big 14 year old kid ( or big 28 year old kid) aint gonna love that!!!???!!!

that's mental dude.

i could write the exact same thing you wrote there. all of it.

are you sure you're not my evil twin from hte mirror world? :Icecream:

My Guyver collection

Manga

Japanese: Volumes 8-25 (21 special ed w/ figure)

Chinese: Vol 1-7

English (Viz): Volumes 1-7

English (Chuang Yi): Volumes 1-9

Novels

Novel 1 (1989)

Volume 1 & 2 (1996)

anime

Guyver volumes 1-7 (ADV release)

Guyver: Out of Control (fansub)

Guyver OVA 2 & 3

Movies

Guyver 1 & 2

Figures

Guyver I BFC

That's it. :(

Edited by guyverfanatic

that's mental dude.

i could write the exact same thing you wrote there. all of it.

are you sure you're not my evil twin from hte mirror world? :Icecream:

Ryuki - are you sure you're not MY evil twin!!?? :badgrin: i dont think i'm your mirror, though im pretty sure i do live in a paralell dimension to most people!!

Hey, what can i say? we just both developed a cool taste in entertainment at an early age! :biggrin:

And Guyverfanatic

That's it. :(

Thats pretty good going!!! this stuff doesnt grow on trees! :biggrin:

and Bio -boosted dude i envy the fact you have all the Japanese volumes! they must look nice on your shelf!!

Edited by Eether

Guest proto-guybaa2

As promised finally some pictures of my Guyver collection room. It still isnt finished, needs some unpacking. But it gives you a good indication how its going to look like. I still have to make individual pictures of all the new items. But that will come in time. Enjoy :mrgreen:

post-414-1218020421_thumb.jpg

post-414-1218020526_thumb.jpg

some Guyver djounishi (dont know if the spelling is correct)

post-414-1218020601_thumb.jpg

Edited by proto-guybaa2

Guest proto-guybaa2

a pretty cool model. Wonder if there will ever appear a Guyver zoanoid in the Manga :question:

post-414-1218020804_thumb.jpg

Guest proto-guybaa2

And now one of my most prized colectiblz : Guyver 0 model and the Guyver sd figures. The original ones, not the recast. You all know me :wink: These babies are almost impossible to find.

post-414-1218020981_thumb.jpg

Edited by proto-guybaa2

Nice as always dude, I can't wait for the rest!

But i can't figure out what that thing is in fron of ZX-Tole in the first picture?

Anyway, it's looking pretty nice so far! And this may seem like an odd question... But where does one get plastic sleeves for comics and such? I wouldn't mind sticking some stuff in there, just to keep them in good condition...

Nice as always dude, I can't wait for the rest!

But i can't figure out what that thing is in fron of ZX-Tole in the first picture?

Anyway, it's looking pretty nice so far! And this may seem like an odd question... But where does one get plastic sleeves for comics and such? I wouldn't mind sticking some stuff in there, just to keep them in good condition...

Comic shops always have them.