Sign in to follow this  
W'Kar

GWOTG Rewrites?

Should GWOTG be subject to a rewrite of the first two sagas?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should GWOTG be subject to a rewrite of the first two sagas?

• Oh YEAH!
    • Heck no!

Many many people have been talking the same thing... rewrites.

Though I personally feel that rewriting is just visiting the past and we should move ahead into the future, I am giving the readers a chance to decide for themselves.

Should I do a rewrite for GWOTG?

I completely agree that my 13-14 yr old butt did a ok job, but not a great one, on the first two sagas I believe that I could indeed do a FAR better job a second time around. However, I also feel that rewriting the fic is alot like trying to rewrite history itself.

So whaddya think?

I say hell no! Rewriting, while it may sound good, usually ends up being a big let down. Not because the story looses somthing but because the story is usually unfinished. Look at the rewrites for WG, they were going slower and slower and now there at a dead stop. Brian was going to rewrite and ended up leaving (or semi-retiring) after just completing one story I think. Sure it may not happen to everyone, but I'd reather continue with the story the way it is then burn out rewriting history. I was reading Wkar long before I read WG, I don't want allen to burn out not when their is alot to write about in the future.

This is what I personally think. Total rewrite, no. Fixing each story for grammer, slang, and other errors made, would be the best idea. For instance, the first stories you write had a little caption saying 'tine in next week' or something. If you think adding something here and there might help, then go for it. But personally, just keep it the way it is right now, just fixed.

I also think since you're fixing/rewriting the stories, maybe a little uniformity might help alittle.

All good points, all good points.

4 votes so far, 5 days for the entire sequence. Everyone, throw it in!

I agree with McAvoy. Change a few things and make sure everything matches up with the more current fics, but not a total rewite. If you did, though, I hope you'd leave us the current version up for comparison. I also look at a rewrite as showcasing your evolved talent from then to now. If you did do a rewrite, what would you change vs the way the fic is now?

I look forward to seeing what your twisted genius does with our answers. :twisted:

Some minor character would be omitted, some plots changed slightly. Overall everything would flow in the very same direction with major events still occuring. Better structure of time, remove some annoying scenes I just did not like. A couple stories may be omitted just because they serve no actual purpose. And a few characters need more background than I gave them.

Alot of the stories may be compressed as well. For example the first few chapters could really fit all together.

The major issue I have is that it will slow me down from pushing ahead, and well we've waited so long already.

You could always limit it to doing the re-write when you're not working on anything new or have time to kill waiting for the other writers to catch up.

You could always limit it to doing the re-write when you're not working on anything new or have time to kill waiting for the other writers to catch up.

Actually I have alot of waiting to catch up to do ^_^:P

Some minor character would be omitted, some plots changed slightly. Overall everything would flow in the very same direction with major events still occuring. Better structure of time, remove some annoying scenes I just did not like. A couple stories may be omitted just because they serve no actual purpose. And a few characters need more background than I gave them.

Alot of the stories may be compressed as well. For example the first few chapters could really fit all together.

The major issue I have is that it will slow me down from pushing ahead, and well we've waited so long already.

You are right that you can combine the first three or four stories in the Chronos saga, because that is what I do when I save the strories on my laptop. Introduction is incredibly short.

Well, as far as characters are concerned. You can always make an storyline arc for some of these characters to build them up.

Exactly, and omit some as well.

It really ends up being whether I feel the character was worth the writing, or their story central to the idea. Depends.

I agree, there are few characters that either need to be developed or could be dropped totally/ mentioned off hand.

Pretty mixed opinions here.

Personally though guys, I'd hate to do only a moderate job on it. Rather just rewrite the whole dang thing than to go through and nit-pick the details.

Well you could do it in phases, starting with consolidating the stories so you can get the timeline organized first, which would include whether or not you want to include certain invents, and then decide how much actually needs re-writing or not?

While I would love to see it rewritten but seriously though I would rather see new fics over rewrites.

i strongly disagree with re-writing the fic...not only because id like to see the end of the fic but because i dont feel it needs to be re-writting...maybe slight changes and stuff like that but then doing small things like that wouldnt make enough of a difference to make it worth while...just my opionion

i strongly disagree with re-writing the fic...not only because id like to see the end of the fic but because i dont feel it needs to be re-writting...maybe slight changes and stuff like that but then doing small things like that wouldnt make enough of a difference to make it worth while...just my opionion

Now that's a good idea.

I say no

I'm currently rewriting my fic the Dark Heroes sagas and from personal experience it is long and difficult, however if you're prepared to commit to that instead of furthering the current story then go for it, I certainly understand the desire to recapture that spark that first gets yah going and I'm hoping I've discovered it again personally

My advice is that seeing that you're already so far into the story, I would wait until you've rewritten ALL of the chapter before you release them. That way if you get to the mid way point and you just dont have the will power or desire to keep going then you wont have enticed and teased your readers and have them hounding you at every turn. At least if you wait until all the rewrites are done you can release a chapter every so many weeks or so while you can peacefull work on the next chapter in the story while your readers are busy reading the rewrites.

In the end its entirely up to you and what you really want to do

Dont rewrite.. what you could do is write to fill in gaps in the Anubis series that would be fruitful and be intresting for you to write and others to read.. but end of the day it is your call and we support you :) all the way.

I'm currently rewriting my fic the Dark Heroes sagas and from personal experience

Ya about that... WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!!?!?!?!?!? I can't even enjoy the orginals because the geo-rock site is gone. :cry:

I'm currently rewriting my fic the Dark Heroes sagas and from personal experience

Ya about that... WHEN IS IT COMING OUT!!?!?!?!?!? I can't even enjoy the orginals because the geo-rock site is gone. :cry:

well currently the first chapter is about 75 - 80% complete, but I would like to have a couple of chapters finished before I start posting it anywhere.

I'm also thinking about getting myself a website to host the fic on. Only thinking about it at the moment, but it would be good to be able to host it somewhere without having to worry about restrictions to content