Sign in to follow this  
Aether

GUYVER max factory Figures?

Whats happened to the Guyver Figures?

I got this from ebay, theres a French auction i presume offering pre orders for Archanfel, it seems to be the only one in the world offering this on ebay at the moment ,so he knows something we dont or he's just praying on the hopes and dreams of innocent Guyver fans!! though as i dont read or speak french i dont have a clue, can't even see any dates.... check it out at:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIGURINE-GUYVER-MAX-...1QQcmdZViewItem

also i dont know if anyones found these before or mentioned it , but i was going to mention the Exceed and wondered whats the chance of them bringing a version of that out? a quick google and i found these;

CHECK IT!! I spy a red Gigantic :biggrin: ( and an albino archanfel?)

post-908-1204020879_thumb.jpg

and a close up pic of archanfel

post-908-1204021190_thumb.jpg

then i found this aswell!! :cool:

post-908-1204021837_thumb.jpg

excellent, but...WHEN ARE THEY COMING OUT TO ACTUALY BUY ?????? :cry: ??????????

Well, I speak french. This guy knows nothing in my opinion. Well, he doesn't know the release date at least.

But think about it : you pay 55Euro (more than 80$ I think). 60 days passes and the figures haven't been released yet. After 60 days you can't open a 'dispute'. If he wants he can keep your money without sending you the figures you preordered.

I saw this action 2 weeks ago. But I said nothing because for me is too early(considering that Max Factory keeps being silent) even for preorder.

hmmm... thanks for that . i thought it was a bit strange there being a single ebay seller offering it for sale/preorder, as Hong Kong etc. dealers and other European sellers are usually pretty keen to sell when the figures come out.

i guess no one has any info on release dates then? :cry:

is it just me or is it ages since we first saw the pics for the Archanfel prototype?

do we think they will even be released ? :confused:

Edited by Eether

Max Factory said they were delaying them although not indefiniftely both Alcanphel and Imakarum, there hasn't been a peep out of them yet. We will definitley get at least a couple of months notice before they are released most likely four

Guest Guyver I

The last I heard about Archanfel & Imakarum was that they were not on hold however because of the detail involved in these figures that the production will take longer than normal, still no release dates mentioned though.

well I just thought I'd throw this in seeing as we are talking about this...

when i was in akihabara, almost every store had a few Guyver figures.

I even saw the rare Guyver 3 with hte glow-in-dark blades.

so the shops are stocking them and have them on display so they must still be popular.

so I would say from his that they are still planned for release.

(contrast this with not being able to spot the Guyver dvds anywhere)

Hard to be a Guyver fan. We spend years and years waiting for new chapters, improbable second season, figures...

Now, this is not corrent. We are mistreated. Take, for example, Naruto fans : they have everything. Why??

Guest xenogelion

well first i'd like to say "yay" to the models, and "boo" to gigantic exceed being just a red gigantic. I'd have much rather had it if the green orbs were standing up. archenfel i'll go for but i doubt i'll touch the exceed. second I've got one of those Guyver 3s with the glowing high frequencey swords, they're a pain to get in and stay in. third, the reason why Naruto gets all the crap is because it goes really well on tv where kids can sit there for freaking days going "oooooooo" and "aaaaaaaaaah" while a single punch gets thrown per episode so they capitalise on the chumps to buy the cheep crap.

one thing i really do want is a gigantic dark.

I feel your pain Kyouki :cry:

am I about to incur wrath?? by saying dont knock Naruto- its cool!!

fair enough the overmerchandising of crap is over the top, but look at the simpsons which is surely undisputabley a great show and has just about everything that you could slap a logo or characterise a product with available to buy... just like everything else its all about the £.

I suppose the two things become dependant -simpsons 17 years is it?im sure the merchandising had some sort of effect on the popularity of the show, surely the same for dragonball Z in the 80's and early 90's inJapan, Naruto's popularity is global i think because of the age its appeared in, to me its a good Manga so thats to do with it, but also its accessible to fans everywhere....forget the usa version which is shockingly f'in crap,but you can get weekly updates of japanese episodes over the net etc, the scale for poularity is immense... all this popularity like it did for Toriyama with DBZ encourages the Manga creator to have to keep churning it out...The Guyver seems to be a cult Manga ,its popular but not 'quick lets make Guyver toilet roll and Guyver fishing bait hooks' (like the simpsons)popular.

Toriyama was a machine and knocked out 42 volumes in 9 years for DBZ until he got sick of it...i think we should be greatfull that Guyver is still going! how old is it now? like 23 years and we only have 26 volumes...as long as we still like it and Takaya still wants to tell the story we should be happy its still around:cool:

Edited by Eether

Sorry about that rant above :confused:

back to the original topic.....Archanfel will dffinately be my first choice.

Ive just noticed something ..the 'Albino' Archanfel is actually different to the coloured one, its stance is different its being held by the ?posing rod? ( whats it called??) its got different hands and if you look close seems to be jointed at the inner thigh, head and chest unlike the coloured one! so it must be the articulated prototype... hopefully an encouraging sign progress is being made :wink:

Guest xenogelion

any and all shows that take an entire episode to throw a punch are shite shows. goes for naruto, dbz, one piece and unfortunately bleach. The simpsons are a massive pile of bollucks ever since the murderhorn episode where they introduced elbows and marge and lisa barely have an appearance anymore. the simpsons film was mediocer at best. I mean family guy tends to rip off some stuff from the simpsons but they do at least have some original random crap, same for american dad. Apart from stargate american TV sucks, everything takes far too long to happen and when something does, not alot of it does happen.

I'd imagine archenfel is fully poseable like all the other Guyver models that max factory have done.

any and all shows that take an entire episode to throw a punch are shite shows. goes for naruto, dbz, one piece and unfortunately bleach. The simpsons are a massive pile of bollucks ever since the murderhorn episode where they introduced elbows and marge and lisa barely have an appearance anymore. the simpsons film was mediocer at best. I mean family guy tends to rip off some stuff from the simpsons but they do at least have some original random crap, same for american dad. Apart from stargate american TV sucks, everything takes far too long to happen and when something does, not alot of it does happen.

I'd imagine archenfel is fully poseable like all the other Guyver models that max factory have done.

I mentioned Archanfels articulation as the only pics ive seen up untill now have been the static not very dynamic check my palms out pose.

forgive me for being petty but ive got to adress some of what xenogelion said :wink:

dude chill ...takes a show to throw a punch? which episodes have you seen? if you gave it a chance youd see thats just not true . not seen one piece or Bleach. there's something called drama its sometimes mixed with action. if you want all out 'action' just watch a boxing match etc. real hand to hand combat fights should be over within a matter of seconds, if this was reflected in entertainment the shows wouldnt be too long.

You might think the simpsons aint good no more but obviously People still like it and Matt Groening's wallet will just keep getting fatter.

yes family guy is full of (random) crap.

and again I mentioned Archanfels articulation as the only pics ive seen up untill now appear no to be poseable and the zoanoids released by max factory weren't fully poseable.

Dattebayo!! :lol:

When you have something as popular as naruto, often the figures and other models you get of them are of awful quality. this is an exception to DBZ though, I've seen VERY nice figures of them. That's why I'm put off of buying more Naruto stuff-tebayo.

Ican't see Alky and Exceed being released this year. Imakarum is now almost a year overdue.

its taken quite a few years to get that decent DBZ stuff tho! the old Bandai ones in hindsight were cak, the new ones are cool tho, but i suppose action figures have come a long way since then... i dont see why they dont bring some decent figures of Naruto out instead of loads of crap,there have been 3 that were any good.. this is the Naruto the other 2 were sasuke and Kakashi...(i'll shut up about Naruto now!)

post-908-1204236999_thumb.jpg

I hope Archanfel will be released sooner than next year!! no cash for Imakarum roll on Alkanphel!!!! :cool:

Well that albino Alky figure you have posted is most likely the prototype model for the actual thing. gotta remember that out of all the zoalords' battle forms, his is by far the most detailed to date. And yeah, Imakarum is way over due for his release.

Guest Guyver I
Well that albino Alky figure you have posted is most likely the prototype model for the actual thing. gotta remember that out of all the zoalords' battle forms, his is by far the most detailed to date. And yeah, Imakarum is way over due for his release.

White Alky was a prototype model and is not intended to be released for sale

well I think it was a prototype myself.

I don't know if anyone else agrees.

well the coloured Archanfel that we have seen pics of for ages is obviously a coloured model prototype for what the figure would look like and the white Alchanphel is the uncoloured ARTICULATED prototype figure.. thats why i said...

Ive just noticed something ..the 'Albino' Archanfel is actually different to the coloured one, its stance is different its being held by the ?posing rod? ( whats it called??) its got different hands and if you look close seems to be jointed at the inner thigh, head and chest unlike the coloured one! so it must be the articulated prototype... hopefully an encouraging sign progress is being made :wink:

They are both prototypes one a model the other an articulated model

neither will be for sale but the white Alky is what we will eventually get but made with coloured plastic (or whatever its made of)