189 replies to this topic

#21 Vertexer

Vertexer

毒蜘蛛 Poison Spider

• Member+
  • PipPipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Just purchased my copy. Good idea, Drag. And long time (I used to go by Kairi/Spazicon). Good to be back, and thank you for being smart about keeping manga theft sites out the loop.

#22 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hey Spazicon, I remember that username. :)

it's appreciated.

If you can ask in the public forums or read it in the FAQ, do not send me a pm about it. I can bite.

#23 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Hey I just pre-ordered volume 30. But I'm a little confused on how I can get access to the scanlations now. Sorry if the answer is somewhere else in the forum but I couldn't find it.

sorry I missed answering your question directly. (no doubt you already know the answer)

As soon as it is ready, I send a copy of the monthly translation to each member who has pre-ordered via PM.

If you can ask in the public forums or read it in the FAQ, do not send me a pm about it. I can bite.

#24 Zoalord

Zoalord

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hi! I am a new member. I have some questions. I read the manga until April 2013: is it possible to continue reading free or, as I think, I have to pre-order volume 30? Is this case, as I live in Italy, will you send me the manga in Italy or the payment is only to activate the on-line-reading? Will be the versions traslated in English?

Thanks!

Edited by Zoalord, 26 March 2013 - 09:59 AM.

#25 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi Zoalord,

if you pre-order (£13.50), the japanese manga will be sent to your home in Italy.

Then I will send you scanlations in english via PM.

#26 Zoalord

Zoalord

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Thanks a lot. Only two final questions. Will I start to receive from the number of May? How much in euros if I pay today?

#27 Salkafar

Salkafar

化け狸 Changing Tanuki

• Member++
  • 877 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Ordered it.

#28 Lindsay

Lindsay

餓狼 Hungry Wolf

• Member+
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Been out of it for a while due to computer going POP. This is new!

Let me get things straight:

- GA is making the forthcoming Japanese collected Guyver edition available worldwide, for a price on a par with a Marvel/DC graphic novel.

- A small premium is paid to GA as middleman, as one would at any comic book shop.

- This premium might not even cover overheads, is much less than what a monopoly distributor could get away with, and also covers exclusive access to GA's translations, keeping Guyver accessible to English readers.

- It's now impossible for other sites to leech GA's bandwidth and freeload off the great work done by our multilingual users.

- No matter where you live and how limited your local comic book shop's Japanese connections are, you can now support the creation of Guyver content.

- There are now insignificant legal-technical and zero ethical charges of piracy that can be made of GA's activities.

As a GA viewer of many years frustrated with my comic book guy's distributors being unable to get the books in, I'm mad keen on this. I love physical copies!

As someone who in the long run would like to backfill behind vol 30, I have to ask if the hope is to roll this out to beyond the current edition of the day?

#29 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

absolutely. we have had many people interested in obtaining other volumes.

the trick is deciding what kind of system to implement.

there is a thread about back copies. it has a poll.

batch orders is preferable because shipping a batch to me from Japan costs less than shipping one book at a time.

still trying to figure it out.

#30 jedi-guyver

jedi-guyver

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Just pre-order volume 30. How do I verify it on the boards?

#31 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:09 AM

no worries, I can compare email address.

I've just confirmed it so you're all good. check your PM box in a couple of minutes please :)

#32 Hyper_Guyvantic

Hyper_Guyvantic

化け狸 Changing Tanuki

• Member++
  • 165 posts
  • Location:North Country of New York - aka the 8th ring of hell

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:43 AM

Hey everyone, back from a pretty long hiatis, college, work, looking for better jobs, and my recent addiction Star Trek Online..... which is really addicting. Surprising that there are some of us Guyver fans playing that game. lol

I read some of this thread, and as disheartening as it is that some bad apples ruined it for the rest of us who have no real access to Guyver comics, I agree with it.

My only concerns are, all the volumes going to be like this? since I live in the States, what the total would be to order Volume 30 in US dollars, and lastly if I do preorder/order it and subsiquent volumes since I cant read Japanese, would I also get translated copies via email from the moderators here?

Live life as if it were your last day. For when it comes your time to die, then let it be a "Good day to die." For to die like a warrior will bring you the greatest honor of all when you stand in front of the Great Creator - Cloud Walker

Look at the size of the maggots on that meat. - Dan Aykroyd as Roman Craig in the movie Great Outdoors

#33 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:13 AM

My only concerns are, all the volumes going to be like this?All future guyver releases will be treated like this by us. since I live in the States, what the total would be to order Volume 30 in US dollars,it will be whatever 13:50 is in USD. currently 20.40 but is subject to fluctuation. and lastly if I do preorder/order it and subsiquent volumes since I cant read Japanese, would I also get translated copies via email from the moderators here?yes, that is teh whole idea behind us doing this.

Welcome back :)

#34 Hyper_Guyvantic

Hyper_Guyvantic

化け狸 Changing Tanuki

• Member++
  • 165 posts
  • Location:North Country of New York - aka the 8th ring of hell

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thanks, its good to be back, and sweet. Well gotta jet for now, 7:30 here gotta leave for classes.

Live life as if it were your last day. For when it comes your time to die, then let it be a "Good day to die." For to die like a warrior will bring you the greatest honor of all when you stand in front of the Great Creator - Cloud Walker

Look at the size of the maggots on that meat. - Dan Aykroyd as Roman Craig in the movie Great Outdoors

#35 SimBa

SimBa

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Just ordered mine today, looking forward to catching up as I've missed the last two issues!

#36 Raius

Raius

火鳥 Fire Bird

• Member+
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Just placed the order. LONG LIVE APOLLON!!! KING OF TROLLING!!!

#37 Mehy

Mehy

小さな葡萄 Tiny Grape

• *VIP member
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

edit: I'll move this to the original discussion thread. Didnt notice it before I posted.

http://www.japan-leg...r-guyver-manga/

Edited by Mehy, 13 April 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#38 zetaguyver

zetaguyver

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

hello i'm semi new here (had an account before but lost the info for it so had to make a new one) and i just wanted to get all this stright since this is the only place that i can find english guyver. from what i can gather, for april 2013 on up we now have to pay for (no problems here) but what i would like to know is that for each 10 to 15 page monthly chapter or is that for the "year" that the book would be. what i mean is it the $20 something (american here) each month or $20 something for all the parts that would be made into a graphic novel style of book.

also if i get this pre-order (or when since money is tight atm) will that contain back chapters that were missed, aka say i get it in sept (my birthday month) and i have missed it since march, will i get the back chapter then the rest or will i miss out on them.

another question that comes to mind (sorry i asking so many) will this be happening with book/volume that comes out, aka $20 something each time.

#39 Yuki

Yuki

plagued by questions

• Staff 地主
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hi, and welcome :)

ok, the pre-order for the book is a one time purchase. so you pay £13.50 one time and that gives you the pre-order for volume 30.  the pre-order for volume 30, gives you the right to read volume 30.

all the chapters that will become volume 30 will be sent to you by us.

so, yes the back issues that will also be in volume 30, they will be sent to you.

The ones you have missed so far, those are part of volume 30 so they will be sent to you.

you only pay once for the book. it would not be fair for us to ask you to buy the book each month.

#40 zetaguyver

zetaguyver

星のカケラ Star Crumb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:53 PM

thanks for clearing that up. so now i know what i want for my birthday or when i get a job again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tankoubon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users